Get specialised care from a women’s health doctor
The team at Shenton Park General Practice consists of many health professionals with experience and interest in women’s health.
Book an appointment with a women’s health GP for advice and examinations for:
- Family planning. Our GPs can advise you on different contraception methods, including any differences in effectiveness, cost, and potential side effects or risks.
- Fertility counselling. We have doctors who can support you in your fertility journey, whether it’s accessing fertility treatments, IVF, or getting mental health counselling.
- Breast checks and mammograms. Our GPs can conduct a physical check or scan of your breasts for any abnormal lumps at our clinic.
- Menopause management. If you need help managing your menopause symptoms, our doctors can provide tailored lifestyle, exercise, and dietary advice, as well as medications to improve your wellbeing and quality of life.
- Regular screening for risk factors for heart disease, osteoporosis, stroke, and diabetes. As women get older, there is an increased risk of bone fractures, heart attacks, and other health conditions that impact women more than men.
Our doctors can help you monitor your health and take preventative measures to reduce such risks.