Speak to a qualified podiatrist
Think about how often you’re on your feet every day. It’s only natural that your feet get sore from time to time. But chronic foot and leg pain isn’t normal, and can indicate more serious conditions.
If you’re experiencing regular foot and leg pain, a podiatrist can help you identify what’s causing it.
We provide comprehensive podiatry care in Shenton Park. We’ll help you identify what’s wrong, minimise your pain, regain mobility, and help you get back on your feet again.
Our podiatry services include:
- Achilles pain. Pain in your heel and lower back leg can indicate inflammation of the tendon and soft tissue around the area—more commonly known as Achilles tendonitis. We can assess your pain, identify the cause, and help you put a treatment plan in place to manage it.
- Diabetes and foot health. Diabetes can impact your circulation, which can cause problems with the small blood vessels in your feet and toes. It starts with pins and needles, tingling, and numbness, but can escalate to something more serious.
If you’re living with diabetes, our podiatrist can provide regular examinations to ensure you maintain good foot health.
- Foot pain management. While some pain around the ball and arch can be normal, chronic pain that gets worse isn’t. Our podiatrist will conduct a full assessment and can provide orthotic therapy if appropriate.
- Knee and shin pain. If you’re worried about regular pain under and around your kneecap, and up and down your shins, you might need to see a podiatrist.
- Plantar fasciitis. Whether it’s increased pain after running or standing, or the first painful steps in the morning, acute ongoing pain in your heel can indicate plantar fasciitis. The good news is that with the right treatment plan, it can be easily managed.
Visit our Shenton Park podiatry clinic
If foot and leg pain is stopping you from doing the things you love, it’s time to get help.
Our experienced podiatrist Joanna Ngo is engaged with a variety of different aspects of podiatry, from remedial support to sports maintenance.
Joanna specialises in:
- Heel pain
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Ingrown toenails
- Corns and calluses
- Diabetic foot checks
When you see our podiatrist at Shenton Park General Practice, you will have an initial appointment where we will discuss your history around your feet and any injuries or diseases you may be experiencing or have experienced, followed by the most appropriate treatment plan for you.